The Old Holy Resurrection Church has been part of the Serbian community in Chicago since 1905. After the spilt of the Serbian Church in America, parishes including OHR that supported Bishop Dionisije organized a new and separate Church congregation in 1964. After many rented spaces 2410 N Kedzie Blvd was purchased in 1966. Today’s parish home is a former Evangelical church on Palmer Square. This property was purchased and refurbished in 1968.
In the Old Holy Resurrection congregation today we have a Church School, a choir named Stevan Mokranjac, and the Circle of Serbian Sisters womens group. The parishioners and the new priest Fr. Luka Lukić strive to improve the spiritual and cultural life of this community.